Today is our third inspirational post, and I am so excited to share this latest giveaway with you! Angela Ackerman of the former Bookshelf Muse (recently most to Writers Helping Writers) noticed our NaNoWarmUp Project via Twitter and volunteered materials for our next two giveaways!
You probably know Angela through The Emotion Thesaurus. Yes, she's a co-writer of the book we gave away last week, along with YA Writer Becca Puglisi! Angela and Becca have two new books coming out on October 21st, The Negative Trait Thesaurus, and The Positive Trait Thesaurus.
Let's start out with The Negative Trait Thesaurus! Here's the pitch:
TAKE CHARACTER CREATION TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL!
Nothing adds complexity like character flaws. Inside the Negative Trait Thesaurus you’ll find:
- A vast collection of flaws to explore when building a character’s personality. Each entry includes possible causes, attitudes, behaviors, thoughts, and related emotions
- Real examples from literature, film, or television to show how each flaw can create life challenges and relational friction
- Advice on building layered and memorable characters from the ground up
- An in-depth look at backstory, emotional wounds, and how pain twists a character’s view of himself and his world, influencing behavior and decision making
- A flaw-centric exploration of character arc, relationships, motivation, and basic needs
- Tips on how to best show a character’s flaws to readers while avoiding common pitfalls
- Downloadable tools to aid writers in character creation
- The Negative Trait Thesaurus sheds light on your character’s dark side.