by Savannah J. Foley
We love NaNoWriMo. But as writers Kat and I aren't always 100% ready to commit to a full 50,000 words on a new or revamped project in the month of November. Plus, as writers with day commitments, it's often difficult to achieve 1,667 usable words.
That's why we created NaNoWarmUp. All the month of October we'll be 'warming up' for the main event in November, with a more manageable word count goal of 800 words per day, culminating in 25,000 new words by the time the month is over.
NaNoWriMo just isn't as much fun without the community aspect, and we knew NaNoWarmUp wouldn't be either, so we want to invite YOU to join us!
HOW TO JOIN
- Commit to writing 25,000 words with us in October! Yay!
- Make a comment on This Page with your name, your blog and Twitter, and what you'll be writing about!
- Add a word count widget to your site or blog to help keep you on track.
- Between now and October 1st create a good guide for your new project. We'll be posting articles on how to do just that really soon! (See our Schedule at the top for a guide on when!)
- Optional: Add our banner to your site or blog to help promote the project and invite more people to join NaNoWarmUp! (Get the html code for it in our sidebar on the right)
- If you want to talk about the project, or report in your word count goals, use the hashtag #NaNoWarmUp on Twitter.
- Subscribe to this blog (at the bottom of the page on the right) so you can get updates when we make inspirational posts, how-to guides, or host fun and exciting giveaways!